"OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IS NOT BOUND TO A CLINIC. THROUGH TREATMENT, SUPPORT AND INTERVENTION, NEW SKILLS WILL EVOLVE.
THROUGH GUIDANCE, GENERALISATION, APPLICATION AND INTEGRATION OF THESE NEW SKILLS INTO EVERYDAY ENVIRONMENTS, FUNCTIONAL SKILLS WILL DEVELOP.
THIS NEEDS TO BE EMBRACED BY ALL TO ENABLE THE CHILD TO SUCCEED IN ALL AREAS OF EVERYDAY LIVING, PLAY AND ACCESS TO LEARNING."
R BRADLEY, DIRECTOR
We offer a comprehensive range of services, taking into account a child’s circumstances, personality, aspirations as well as complying with clinical requirements.
You can trust our expertise to make a difference.
If you’re a parent or carer, we can help your child improve their quality of life and develop their independence in the following ways:
- Adapting the home and school/college environments to allow access to amenities more effectively and independently
- Supporting preventative care and postural management to provide comfort and quality of life
- Taking care of themselves – to get dressed, clean their teeth, use a knife and fork
- Learning to play - encouraging them to use their imagination, turn taking, share toys, playing as a team member
- Accessing learning in nursery, schools and colleges – developing ideation to develop problem solving skills, motor planning and learning to cope successfully with school demands.
- Developing fine motor control and co-ordinating upper and lower limb movements to support functional everyday activities such as sitting, dressing, writing, bike riding and cooking.
- Making sense of the world both from inside and outside their bodies to functionally perform to their best.
- Consultancy - where a second opinion is required or to clinically support OT requirements.
- Clinical Assessments at home, school and in clinic.
- Professional Reports for families, GPs, tribunals and insurance companies.
- Therapeutic treatments, tailored programmes and specialist advice for children and young people.
- Regular reviews to re-evaluate needs including liaison with family members and other professionals involved in care and treatment.
- Expert witness for tribunal hearings
- Assessments for upper limb splinting and Lycra garment suits.
Who do we help?
We have experience in helping children who are affected by (but are not limited to):
- Acquired / Traumatic Brain Injury
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Developmental co-ordination disorders (DCD)
- Global developmental delay (GDD)
- Sensory Integrative Dysfunction / Sensory Processing Disorder
- Neurological disorders e.g. Cerebral Palsy and Stroke.
- Muscular dystrophy
- Behaviour issues
- Learning difficulties
- Myalgia Encephalomyelitis (M.E.)
- Orthopaedic conditions (i.e. Plagiocephaly, Torticollis and Erbs Palsy)
How do we help?
- Sensory Integration (also known as Sensory Processing)
- Development of fine and gross motor skills
- Visual motor perception
- Hand Eye Co-ordination
- Independent Living
- Personal Activity skills e.g. using the toilet, washing, grooming
- Domestic Activity skills e.g. washing clothes, managing money
- Community and Social interests
- Access to learning
- Seating and Postural Management
Some of the children we work with require more specialised interventions to provide an improved quality of life and support preventative care. We can help by assessing, recommending and supporting
- Housing adaptations
- Environmental Controls
- Major and minor home adaptations
- Switch and IT support
How is treatment carried out?
Specialised treatment packages are available in all specialities which usually run for 5-10 weeks dependent on the individual’s needs either at school, home or in clinic. This is usually supported by a school or home visit.
After treatment has finished, a consolidation period between sessions takes place to review progress and decide whether further intervention is required.
We are also qualified specialists in:
- Sensory Integration and Sensory Defensiveness (Postgraduate practitioners 2/3 and 4)
- ADOS-2 Assessors
- Sound Therapy e.g. Therapeutic Listening, Johansen Auditory Stimulation , Interactive Listening System
- SOS Feeding Approach
- The ALERT Program.
- How Does Your Engine Run?
- Interactive Metronome
To discuss the services you need, please call us on 01664 567917 or get in touch here.
''AFTER VARIOUS OTHER ASSESSMENTS AND LOTS OF RESEARCH I CAME ACROSS THE CHILDREN'S THERAPY SOLUTIONS WEBSITE. I'M SO PLEASED TO HAVE FOUND THEM! WITH CTS OT EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE, SHE WAS ABLE TO IDENTIFY MY SON’S SPECIFIC SENSORY NEEDS, AND HAS GIVEN ADVICE FOR HIS PARTICULAR NEEDS. THIS HAS BEEN A REAL STEP FORWARD FOR US IN GETTING THE CORRECT INPUT AND HELP FOR OUR SON. CTS IS A PROFESSIONAL TEAM AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES.''
AMY, MOTHER, PETERBOROUGH