Useful Links

Reading for Parents and TeachersSuggested Readings for TherapistsCharitiesService Support

Please be aware that links to other websites are available and the information provided are only suggestions and we can not be made accountable for any decisions, outcomes or funding availability.


Reading for Parents and Teachers


link1Too Loud Too Bright Too Fast Too Tight: What to Do If You are Sensory Defensive in an Overstimulating World.


link2The Out-of-Sync Child


link3The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Integration Dysfunction


link4Sensational Kids: Hope and Help for Children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)


link5Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues


link6Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration: Therapy for Children with Autism and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders


link7Sensory Perceptual Issues in Autism and Asperger Syndrome: Different Sensory Experiences – Different Perceptual Worlds



link8Sensory Circuits: A Sensory Motor Skills Programme for Children



Suggested Readings for Therapists


link9Sensory Integration: Theory and Practice



link10Combining Neuro-Developmental Treatment and Sensory Integration Principles: An Approach to Pediatric Therapy


link11Sensory Integration and the Child



link12Clinician’s Guide for Implementing Ayres Sensory Integration®: Promoting Participation for Children With Autism



link13Neuroscience for Rehabilitation



link14Sensory Integration: Applying Clinical Reasoning to Practice with Diverse Populations



link15Understanding the Nature of Sensory Integration with Diverse Populations





link28Act Foundation

The ACT Foundation provides grants to individuals to enhance quality of life for people with mental and physical disabilities. Grants can be awarded to fund modifications to your home or school or to buy specialist equipment for independent living or mobility.



Action 4 Kids works with children and young people with physical and learning disabilities and their parents and carers. They provide mobility aids and offer family support services.


link30Caudwell Charitable Trust

Caudwell Children helps transform the lives of disabled children and their families across the UK. They can provide powered wheelchairs, buggies, car seats, therapy tricycles and sensory equipment. You can also apply for funding for specific therapies for children affected by CP/acquired brain injury and Autism.



Cerebra grants help children under the age of 16 with disabilities because of a brain related condition or injury. They offer direct and practical assistance to improve the quality of life of children and young people, e.g. sensory toys, tricycles and quadricycles and touch screen computers.


link17Child Brain Injury Trust



Elifar consider applications from children and adults of all ages with any form of physical or learning disability. They fund the purchase of a wide range of specialised equipment, therapies and respite.


link33Family Action

Family Action has small grants available for medical treatment, services, facilities or equipment (including communication aids) for those who are sick or physically disabled.


link34Independence at Home

Independence at Home provides grants for people with a disability or long-term illness towards the cost of adaptations, equipment or other things to help you to manage at home. The grant must go towards an item to assist a child to live at home. Applications must be supported by a professional involved in the child’s care, usually an occupational therapist or a social worker.



Lifeline 4 kids provides essential equipment to help improve the quality of life for children (0-18 years) with disabilities and special needs. They provide equipment such as electric wheelchairs, mobility aids and specialised computers.


link21The Dyspraxia Foundation


link22The National Autistic Society


Service Support

link16British Association of Occupational Therapists


link24County Council Local Offer

A Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services the local authority think will be available in their local area. Every local authority is responsible for writing a Local Offer and making sure it is available for everyone to see.


link24Disabled Facilities Grant Assessment



link24Disability Living Allowance



link24Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan


link26Educational Solicitors



link18Health and Care Professions Council


link27Independent Parental Educational Advise (IPSAE)


link24Legal Aid (Public Funding)



Personal Injury Solicitors


link19Sensory Integration Global Network


link20Sensory Integration Network


link23Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation


This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.