Financial Support & Payment Plans

mod10We recognise that choosing to use a private practice, whilst offering many significant benefits, can have cost implications.

To ensure your cost is kept to a minimum, we tailor our services (and therefore charges) to meet the specific support that is required.

  • For families, we equally divide payments over a number of months
  • For Education we provide weekly, monthly and termly interventions usually on an annual or biannual agreed contracts
  • For Case Managers and Solicitors we provide Initial needs assessments, specific interventions review e.g. Motability, treatment packages
  • For Post Settlement we provide specialised packages

We are always willing to discuss your requirements and are happy to cater for individual needs.

While we have no authority or influence over the allocation of funds/grants, we hope that you find the information below useful and helpful.

Disabled Facilities Grant Assessment

You may be able to receive a grant for making changes to your home, such as improving access to rooms, adapting heating or widening doors and installing ramps.

We can help with assessments in support of this type of application. Our report will provide evidence that home alterations are ‘necessary and appropriate’ in line with current legislation.

Disability Living Allowance

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who:

  • is under 16
  • has difficulties walking or needs more looking after than a child of the same age who doesn’t have a disability

To claim, your child will need to meet all the eligibility requirements.

For up to date advice, see here.

To find out more, please call us on 01664 567917 or get in touch here.

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan

An education, health and care (EHC) plan is for children and young people aged up to 25 who need more support than is available through special educational needs support. The EHC plan was created in collaboration with young people and families and is a more person-centred planning approach.

You may be able to receive a personal budget for your child if they have an EHC plan or have been told that they need an EHC plan.

In brief, it increases the choice and control that you have and allows you to have a say in how to spend the money on support for your child. Interested in finding out more? Visit here.

Any Qualified Provider

The Health and Social Bill enables GPs to commission Specialist Independent Services so there is now greater choice about who you can see.

If you are aware that your child needs specialist treatment or therapy, perhaps one which can’t be quickly or easily provided by the NHS, please do speak to your GP about your option of purchasing an independent service to support your child.

Private Medical or Home Insurance

Like all insurance, the cover you get from private medical insurance depends on the policy you buy.

Basic private medical insurance usually picks up the costs of most in-patient treatments (tests and surgery) and day-care surgery.

Some policies extend to out-patient treatments (such as specialists and consultants) and may pay you a small fixed amount for each night you spend in an NHS hospital.

It’s worth checking whether your policy covers you for private medical care once a diagnosis has been made.

Personal Injury Solicitors

If you feel that your child has acquired a disability or been disadvantaged through an accident or negligence, you can discuss this with a solicitor who will help you decide whether you have a case. If successful, you may be able to claim medical support and long-term compensation.

There’s more advice and guidance about this here.

Educational Solicitors

If you feel that your child is failing in the educational system and you require help providing the necessary support network for your child, it’s worth talking to a specialist solicitor for advice and guidance. They can advise you on the best way to fund a claim and can also complete and submit forms on your behalf.

Legal Aid (Public Funding)

You may be able to apply for legal aid to bring proceedings before the court in a family case. This can take time, and will involve the Legal Services Commission receiving a formal application, usually known as a CLS APP 3 form.

We have experience of working on Legal Aid cases but please contact us to discuss these on an individual basis.


Some charities are able to offer support for assessment and all or part of the therapy treatment we can offer your child as well as contributing to the costs for adaptations made in your home.

Please note that we have no affiliation with any of these charities.

Act Foundation

The ACT Foundation provides grants to individuals to enhance quality of life for people with mental and physical disabilities.

Grants can be awarded to fund modifications to your home or school or to buy specialist equipment for independent living or mobility.


Action 4 Kids works with children and young people with physical and learning disabilities and their parents and carers. They provide mobility aids and offer family support services.

Caudwell Charitable Trust

Caudwell Children helps transform the lives of disabled children and their families across the UK. They can provide powered wheelchairs, buggies, car seats, therapy tricycles and sensory equipment. You can also apply for funding for specific therapies for children affected by CP/acquired brain injury and Autism.


Cerebra grants help children under the age of 16 with disabilities because of a brain related condition or injury. They offer direct and practical assistance to improve the quality of life of children and young people, e.g. sensory toys, tricycles and quadricycles and touch screen computers.


Elifar consider applications from children and adults of all ages with any form of physical or learning disability. They fund the purchase of a wide range of specialised equipment, therapies and respite.

Family Action

Family Action has small grants available for medical treatment, services, facilities or equipment (including communication aids) for those who are sick or physically disabled.

Independence at home

Independence at Home provides grants for people with a disability or long-term illness towards the cost of adaptations, equipment or other things to help you to manage at home. The grant must go towards an item to assist a child to live at home. Applications must be supported by a professional involved in the child’s care, usually an occupational therapist or a social worker.


Lifeline 4 kids provides essential equipment to help improve the quality of life for children (0-18 years) with disabilities and special needs. They provide equipment such as electric wheelchairs, mobility aids and specialised computers.

Find out how we can help by calling 01664 567917 or contact us.

COVID-19 Update

During these uncertain times, we are keen to keep you up-to-date with our service provision, which as you can appreciate is changing daily.

For reassurance CTS have set up a ‘Best Practice’ policy to ensure all our Occupational Therapists and Office Staff are working to the highest standard at all times; where ever we are based in the UK.

We are currently NOT seeing families at our designated CTS Clinics conforming to the recent request 23rd March 2020 @ 2030hrs from our government and NHS.

CTS are wanting to reassure you that we are highly committed to you and your child’s OT needs are cared for. We appreciate a lot of our families and service users are vulnerable and many have EHCP’s in place. As a service this requires us to ensure we continue to safeguard and meet the welfare needs of our service users effectively.

We are now providing alternative therapy to continue to support children, families and in some cases parents. We are using your appointment times and making contact via phone calls, conference calls, emails, Zoom and or Skype to support Telehealth Interventions.

Letters are being sent out to all our service users to reassure our commitment.

Please be reassured that all staff are taking every precaution to support our country in preventing the spread of this virus.

Please continue to check this site and our Facebook page for the latest updates. Alternatively call us on: 01664 567917.

This website uses cookies to give you the best experience. Agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.

Cookie settings

Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save cookie settings" button to apply your choice.

FunctionalOur website uses functional cookies. These cookies are necessary to let our website work.

AnalyticalOur website uses analytical cookies to make it possible to analyze our website and optimize for the purpose of a.o. the usability.

Social mediaOur website places social media cookies to show you 3rd party content like YouTube and FaceBook. These cookies may track your personal data.

AdvertisingOur website places advertising cookies to show you 3rd party advertisements based on your interests. These cookies may track your personal data.

OtherOur website places 3rd party cookies from other 3rd party services which aren't Analytical, Social media or Advertising.