Hours: Part Time (minimum 3 days per wk) or full time
Location: 1 OT for West Midlands; Coventry & surrounding areas plus 1 OT for North West; Wales, Merseyside & surrounding areas
Pay Scale: dependent on experience & qualifications + mileage and travel
Holidays: 28 days with increments to 33 days pa (pro rata)
Due to unprecedented growth, Children’s Therapy Solutions is looking for a Paediatric Occupational Therapist within the Midlands location and well as one for the North West. The therapist will be required to work with a caseload of children and young people who have a wide variety of needs.
If you are looking to join an enthusiastic team within an organisation with a proud past and fantastic future a head, this is the position for you.
This job allows you to:
- Work and treat children in differing sectors
- Make a difference for the child and family
- Be proactive and creative
- Work holistically
Working with Children’s Therapy Solutions provides you with
- Job Security
- Supportive and friendly team
- Flexible working
- Potential for professional progression
Children’s Therapy Solutions has been established since 2007, providing highly experienced paediatric occupational therapy provision, working with children and young people (aged 0 -25) and their families.
Through our individual assessment and therapy, our aim is to enable each child/young person to be as physically, emotionally and socially independent as possible. We endeavour to support their development allowing them to function in everyday living to their maximum capacity either at home, clubs, school, college or university.
Our clients include Mainstream, Specialist and Independent Schools, Local Authorities, Adoption Social Services, Charities, Case Managers, Solicitors, Healthcare Providers and Individual Families.
Children’s Therapy Solutions are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, outgoing and self-motivated Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working with children to young person’s (0-25 years) with neuro-motor and sensory disabilities
- Creativity and a fun approach to work
- Excellent knowledge and application in a range of assessments and interventions
- Excellent community awareness i.e. travelling and equipment use
We can offer an exciting opportunity to:
- Develop and focus your skills, maximising your potential as a practicing clinical OT
- Work for a reputable independent Paediatric OT company
- Access CPD & training opportunities
- Have regular 1;1 and group supervision and guidance from a team of dynamic and highly experienced OT’s
- Diploma, Bachelors or Masters Degree in OT
- Band 6 or above with a minimum 5 years’ experience as an OT (3 years working in paediatrics)
- Registration with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Essential: Post Graduate qualified in Module 1- Theory and Intervention (or equivalent) and a minimum studying SI 2/3 Assessment and Clinical Reasoning (or equivalent)
- Essential experience in PMLD and Educational Health and Care Plan process
- Desirable: Specialist seating/wheelchair and housing adaptation knowledge.
- Paediatric experience in ABI, CP, ASD, DCD, & SID
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
- A commitment to clinical excellence in the service delivery.
- DBS Enhanced Disclosure
- Own car and full driving license
The position will involve:
- Autonomous and flexible working
- Being dynamic, passionate, innovative
- Assessments, treatment and therapy for schools, adoption teams, case management and clinic
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Planning, delivering & developing training
- Strong MDT approach
- Good communication and liaison skills
Email your CV and detailed cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you are the right person to join our team and we will be in touch with you.
Closing date: 16th August 2019
Interviews: 22nd / 23rd August 2019