Blogger Pip Else – Paediatric OT
16th August 2016
Encourage Outdoor Learning & Physical Activity
We recently posted a link on our Facebook page which was published by the BBC. It related to the importance of outdoor learning. Here is the link:
Now it’s the summer holidays. It’s time to get out and play whilst the weather is bright and sunny. Outdoor learning and play encourages physical, emotional and social development.
Below are some ideas and links for the summer holidays to increase physical activity:
- Seamless underwear for sports:
- Mindful movement for those with sensory processing difficulties:
- Sidewalk chalk ideas:
- Outdoor play ideas for kids:
- Make your own, Hula Hoop hideaway:
- DIY back garden games for kids:
Please let us know if you find any more useful ideas for the summer holidays and outdoor play. We can add them to our blog next year!